Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gila Monster....a dream inspired painting.......


I have been dreaming of doing this for a long time.
Might as well not fight it......so......it will stop bugging me in the back of my mind..lol.


So last night I did some photo searching.......alterations..and montage.
Took about 2 hours of graphic work.
First I found a cow skull.........altered it.....( to make it look like a painting ) , then a scenery from death valley, then the top part of a Gila Monster..then the bottom part ( legs )..put them together........and Voila !
I didn't feel like sketching this out..my thumb and forefinger is killing me after all the ''fur'' details of the tiger head. :(
Why do we have to grow old.......and hurt were we need it the most ?

Anyways.....enough self pity....lol

Of course this is just my reference........The Gila will have more brilliant colors.

Something different isn't it ? :)

Can't wait to start....!!!!!!....but I will have to wait till Tuesday.*sigh* I have a lot of appointments Monday........and I can't fit in 2 hours to start.
I will do the sketch on canvas tomorrow though...:)

Enjoy a sneak peek of my dream.......and hopfuly a painting for this week.

No comments: