Tuesday, January 5, 2010

finally found a good looking bird :)


I spent most of my Christmas looking.and looking......for this bird.

I have been longing to paint one for years.. ( 5 years actually )
I love ravens......they have been a part of my past...and are constantly around me.
Did you know..if you raise one.....they can learn to talk ?
They are intelligent birds....and flooded with awesome colors........of purple....blues..greens.

There is a large family that nests in our Church tower........and they fill the air with their sounds....and beauty.

I had done a lot of sketches. ( taken from some photos I took ) but nothing seemed to satisfy me...there was always missing the '' WOW FACTOR '' to honor the ravens.

This one is what I wanted.....he or she...is telling the world......I am here !!!

I took the photo of the Aurore Boreale that was shot last July on my fishing trip..and added it as the background.

This will be my next painting.......
If time gives me a bit of louse......I will draw this out on canvas this weekend..and start.............:)

No comments: