Tuesday, April 20, 2010

very close to home.




Click the news paper page for a larger view.

__________________________________

After seeing a Television program Sunday the 11th Of April....this brought up lots of painful memories.
The program interviews celebrity's.ect...

The man interviewed was Claude Robinson...an Artist.

Claude Robinson is a citizen of Quebec, a creator and an illustrator, who has been fighting alone, for 15 years, against unscrupulous multinationals from the movie and television industry who stole and exploited his work.

you can read more about him & his battle.


one citation that struck me........well lets say 2....

1:

“I was lucky to be born with a talent: drawing and creating. I earned my living by creating. For me, creating is a delight. It’s what’s always defined me. […] Now, I hate my talent. If I hadn’t created my cartoon character, I wouldn’t have had to live what I’ve lived.”

2 : As a creator, you’re responsible for what you’ve created, but you must protect and defend your creation, otherwise you betray your work and yourself.
- Claude Robinson



I have been down-siding to a depression.....
I was wondering why.....
Why ?
Well....in the past my art was stolen. ( read the newspaper page )
And last December..another time. ( maybe even before...as I found this surfing the web )
A printing and greeting card company was producing illegaly MY art and selling them.!!!

...ok...take them to court ?
I wish I had the strength right now....
All I know is that I want to get rid of my art.
I understand Claude when he says '' I hate my art ....''
It is a strong statement...but somehow it has a truthful side.

I did sell a couple...and if ANY strength comes back...I will gather my courage to bring them to court.

This money was put aside for this reason...for the future.
Citation 2........That was said by Claude......woke me up.
It is true to fight for your artistic integrity......big or small it might be.

No comments: