Friday, March 5, 2010

*sigh *


Well after being laid off for 2 months .......This week my boss re-called me to go back to work.
yay!............( I thought )

Wensday....went in to work........feeling so happy.
This meant money to buy art supplies and to survive.
Yesterday after dinner...he thanked me.......but said the '' contract '' that was supposed to come in..... didn't.
He told me he didn't know when he would call me again.

We had a conversation about this off-and-on thing last Tuesday.

I told him I could not ''live '' on a 2 day a week salary.....and that I would be looking for another job.
Well,.he told me......wait !.......I want you to paint me an Elephant.....or maybe an African scene.

WOW........:)............OK.......ummmmmm...can you give me a deposit ? I asked ....
'' Sure we will talk about this week at work.''
Yesterday after he told me he didn't know when I would be called back...I told him, now is the time for me to talk about the painting you wanted, and I could do it while I am on standby.

Well..the answer was not what I expected.

his answer : '' I do not have the time for this..I will think about it. ''
I asked him what this meant.....no answer.

All he wanted was me to come in for 2 days and do a ''rush '' job.
How could I be so naive !!....again !


A painting that I though would be sold overseas... didn't sell after all.
A series of complications came up.
I did my best to find a way.as I always do.......I pride myself in an better than '' excellent '' shipping for what I call my '' babies ''...even some times paying 100 % of the shipping. etc.

The client sent me a gift , for my troubles.
This brought tears to my eyes.
How sweet.........and considerate !


I am taking a couple of days to collect my thoughts.....and wipe my tears.






No comments: