Monday, January 12, 2009

broken tailbone ( coccyx )

Last summer the owner of the apartment building had the stairs painted.
Being constructed in the 1940's the stairs are pretty used down and the wood is rounded off.Th painter didn't put sand in the paint making it anti-skid.

Well we told the landlord..ect...and with the snow over almost brand new glossy Grey paint, well....our postman fell down last week....and 2 other people that I know of.
The landlord was advised on this....DANGEROUS !

Saturday , I was going out to get things I needed for my supper. Mind you I know the stairs are dangerous..so I hold on to the ramps....but I slipped......5- 6 stairs...
I hit my back and then hit the last step on my tailbone.
My arm took a beating also..as I was still holding on.
The wind was knocked out of me..and may I tell you I was in pain !

I am sure at 99.99 % that my coccyx is broken....I still can not sit or walk without pain...and now where my back hit the stairs...its like 2 or 3 hot needle sensation.
I had a hard time sleeping last night...* sigh*

If it wasn't to wait for 10 or more hours at the ER...I would go.
Maybe I will...
But they can not do anything for the tailbone..they cant cast it....right ? lol

No comments: