Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten Commandments of Art Pricing



I found this interesting..
I have been lowering my prices..to eat and pay my upcoming December rent ( hopeful thinking )
I feel like I have been unfaithful to those who bough my painting at the '' normal '' price.
From now on....I will follow theses rules :

Robert Genn's Ten Commandments of Art Pricing

  • Thou shalt start out cheap.
  • Thou shalt publish thy prices.
  • Thou shalt raise thy prices regularly and a little.
  • Thou shalt not lower thy prices.
  • Thou shalt not have one price for Sam and another for Joe.
  • Thou shalt not price by talent or time taken, but by size.
  • Thou shalt not easily discount thy prices.
  • Thou shalt lay control on thy agents and dealers.
  • Thou shalt deal with those who will honour thee.
  • Thou shalt end up expensive.

Now for my weekend.......I gathered some friends to help me pay for a Painting Symposium the 14 th & 15, at a large shopping centre in Quebec City.

I didn't sell anything....* I am a bit sad...*....but the experience was well worth the money I have to pay back.

Rent will have to wait...going to job interviews will be by foot not by bus...will eat once a day.
Small sacrifices to be an artist.




No comments: